Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello Guilty Pleasure


This recipe comes from a guy who is one of my best friends in my head, even though we never met. I just LOVE his food blog, and everything that I have ever made from him. The original link for this recipe is http://www.vegan-heartland.com/2011/12/5-minute-vanilla-cake.html. Please be sure to pay this blogger a visit.

I love this simple mug cake because *CONFESSION* I have a bit of a sugar addiction. While I have significantly reduced my sugar intake, sometimes I need a little fix. This recipe beats making an entire cake and then having a staring contest with it for 4 days afterward. I seriously could have made this without changing a single thing, but I didn't because I was all out of applesauce, so I just used a flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax to 3 tbsp of water, stirred and allowed to sit for 5 minutes). Also, all the ingredients are pretty much pantry staples, so I will spare you the shopping list.

There is only one thing that I would take into consideration. My cake stuck to the sides of my mug, and maybe that was due to a lack of apple sauce, but next time I will be putting a little oil around the side of my mug. Please enjoy this recipe!

Recipe

6 tbsp all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp apple sauce (This is where I replaced with 1 flax egg)
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
2 tbsp melted Earth Balance Spread (or your favorite margarine)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon directly in your mug. 
2. Add in the applesauce, vinegar, non-dairy milk, Earth Balance, and vanilla. Stir until the dry and wet well combined.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment